Luster specializes in high-tech experiential activations that enable event guests to engage with brands in unique ways. In 2011, we invented Hashtag Printing where guests post to social media with a hashtag and instantly receive a branded photo takeaway. In 2012, we amplified Hashtag Printing into guest-generated Mosaics, billboard sized works of art built in real time using the event’s social media hashtag.
With a growing client list, we’re adding new team members and experiencing record company growth. We've achieved this with a highly motivated and diversely skilled Event Operators. We’re looking for people who want to be part of something big and are passionate about events like we are.
The Event Operator manages the on-site installation and maintenance of Luster products at each event. You will be the face of the business to both our client and event guests, so strong communication skills are absolutely essential.
There are three components to this position:
- Installing and maintaining Luster hardware and software. This requires both physical stamina and technical skills.
- Troubleshooting onsite issues. You should possess keen and quick problem-solving skills. The Event Operator is responsible for ensuring the devices are running properly, client is satisfied, and keeping a calm disposition during chaotic live events.
- Acting as an ambassador for Luster, ensuring that all guests know how to use our products, encouraging photos to be taken, and enjoying the activation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 1 year experience in an event management, production, or client facing role.
- Multi-tasking is crucial for this position. You will be managing the Hashtag Printers, Mosaic, and Brand Ambassadors simultaneously.
- Problem solving on the fly. You must be able to gracefully handle technical troubleshooting while maintaining the flow of the activation under very high pressure situations.
- Schedule flexibility is very important. This is a role where the hours will be dictated by our client's events. This means that you do not have any regularly scheduled or recurring responsibilities, and will be able to support a Luster event at any time of day or day of week.
- Be very outgoing! You should be comfortable getting strangers excited about new technology and advocating for the use of Luster’s products.
- Extensive travel experience and comfort in airports and foreign countries is a huge plus.
This is a part-time job, with pay starting at $18/hour with the opportunity to increase to $30/hour as you gain more experience. The number of hours each week will vary.
HOW TO APPLY
Resumes are so impersonal and don't give you a proper opportunity to showcase your personality! To apply for this job, please record a video to introduce yourself and tell us why you're the best candidate. The video should be no longer than 60 seconds, so make the most of that first impression!
Keep in mind that we view the intro video as a critical step in the application process so please don't submit an application if you haven't recorded one.
Send us the link to a video on the site of your choice. If you use YouTube, please do not set the video to be private (unlisted videos are fine). If we need a password to view your video, please be sure to include it.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION